The Westmoreland Art Nationals life up to its name, with exhibiting artists hailing from as close to as Greensburg and as significantly as Florida, Massachusetts and Alaska.
The to start with of two once-a-year juried exhibitions related with the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Competition opened with a Saturday night reception at Westmoreland County Neighborhood School in Hempfield.
“The excellent talent in this place and outside of is just wonderful,” explained the festival’s Govt Director Diane Shrader, noting that there have been 501 submissions general, with 106 acknowledged.
“We’re thankful for that human being who place us over 500,” she joked.
Shirley McMarlin | Tribune-Evaluate
Finest in Show Award winner Cindy Morris (middle) of Elizabeth with Erin Shrader, assistant govt director of the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Competition, and the artist’s partner, Mace Morris, at the May perhaps 21 opening of the Westmoreland Artwork Nationals at Westmoreland County Community College.
Artists and art enthusiasts collected about to listen to the next awards announced:
• Ideal in Exhibit: “Skizzy’s Aspiration,” stained glass by Cindy Morris of Elizabeth
• Curator’s Preference Award: “A Saucer of Loneliness,” digital artwork by Keith Bastianini of Bethel Park
• WCCC President’s Preference Award: “Bella Terra Section Deux,” infrared pictures by Alexis Dillon of Greensburg
• Painting Award: “Joy,” by Richard Harydzak of Murrysville
• Graphics Award: “Lake Ladder,” by Lauren Scavo-Fulk of Jeannette
• Craft Award: “Oval Pitcher,” by Stephen Heywood of Hollywood, Fla.
• Sculpture Award: “Goddess of the Early morning,” by Bryon Draper of Springville, Utah
• Images Award: “Foggy Early morning at the Lake,” by James Murphy of Greensburg
• Combined Media Award: “Sun,” by Ron Nigro of Trafford
• Digital Media/Digital Artwork Award: “Hold On,” by Lynda Kirby of Baden
• New Entrant Award: “Intellectual Jousting,” acrylic and ink by Annabelle Tarr of Greensburg.
Shrader pointed out that the competition normally chooses an out-of-state juror, with entries recognized only by number.
This year’s juror was artist Mary Ellen Wherli of Lewisville, Texas. Wherli has exhibited in juried exhibits in Texas and California and her work is exhibited in many public properties and museums.
Shirley McMarlin | Tribune-Evaluation
Curator Nick Silvis (heart) with curatorial assistants Suzie Bergman and Eric Kim at the May perhaps 21 opening of the Westmoreland Artwork Nationals at Westmoreland County Group School.
Curator for the WCCC show was artist Nick Silvis of Greensburg, a fantastic arts graduate of WCCC and Seton Hill College with an curiosity in large-scale sculpture, installation art and jewellery style. He has been each curator and curatorial assistant for preceding Art Nationals.
His curatorial assistants have been Suzie Bergman and Eric Kim.
The Art Nationals were being offered on-line in 2020 and 2021 since of the pandemic.
“It was great to be equipped to do it digitally, but we’re happy to be back in person,” Shrader mentioned.
The exhibition proceeds by means of June 8 in Commissioners Hall. Website visitors can vote for a favored piece for the People’s Selection Award, to be declared all through the opening reception for the next exhibition, set for 6 to 8 p.m. on June 25 in the action centre at Twin Lakes Park east of Greensburg.
The 2nd exhibition, curated by neighborhood artist Jeff Donato, will run concurrently with the competition, June 30 by July 3. Awards will be declared at 7 p.m. throughout the reception.
Viewed at WCCC: Erin Shrader, Snooky Williams, Jennifer Benford, Paul and Mandy Sirofchuck, Mace Morris, Tamara DiBartola, Candace Haffinger, Nancy Rusbosin, Scott and Janet Anderson, Sean Gallagher and Sherrie Dunlap Gallagher, Bethany Gary, Teresa Olivo, Amanda Olivo, Chloe Walls, Tsamara Roberts, Andrew Hazelton and Camille Valenza-Hazelton, Eileen Yeager, Fred and Cathy Silvis, Barbara Ferrier, Brandon Fiume and Jessica Schulte, Jon Mullin and Devon Frohnhofer.
Shirley McMarlin is a Tribune-Review employees author. You can get in touch with Shirley at 724-836-5750, [email protected] or by using Twitter .
Photography Book Review – Understanding Exposure
Astrology in Action – Pluto
Relationship Compatibility Astrology for Love, Romance and Business